Intel Pipe Dream Demo (IDF 2011)
Real life creation of the animated music video "Pipe Dream" from Animusic. This demo was created for the Intel Corporation. The first showing was at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco in September of 2011.
- 3 high speed, closed loop, servo motor systems
- 250+ industrial I/O channels
- 122 custom circuit boards
- 700+ blue LED's
- 2300+ balls shot per performance
- 31 electronic paintball hoppers
- 320+ feet of aluminum extrusion
- 144 square feet of floor space
- 2500 feet of wires and cables
- 50 smiles per performance
Flying Nerf Dart Board
Machine coordinates high speed vision and high speed motion to intercept Nerf Darts.
- High speed cameras trigger at more than 100 frames per second
- 4 bar linkage executes moves in less than 100 mSec
- Projectiles can be intercepted at a rate of 3 darts per second
- Motion accomplished using NI LabVIEW SoftMOTION, EtherCAT drives, and Danaher motors
Delta Robot (Flying Blade of Amputation)
Coordinated motion of 3 motors is demonstrated in a "Delta" robot that stabs between fingers on a hand.
Gears of Death
Pegs are moved in and out of holes on motors that are coordinated on XY stages. All of this is done at high speed without the pegs touching the holes.